Jordan began his golf career at the age of 7 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada and earned a full athletic scholarship to attend Eastern Michigan University, 1990-94. While at EMU, Jordan won medalist honors at several NCAA D1 events. He was a two year team captain and was named Second Team ALL-MAC in 1994.
Jordan turned professional after college, qualifying to play on the PGA Tour Canada. He spent three seasons traveling across Canada competing with professionals from around the globe. In the winter months, Jordan spent time in Florida, often listening to the legendary great, Moe Norman.
In 1997, Jordan returned to Michigan, married his wife (Kristin), and began work at some of the premier private clubs in SE Michigan; Walnut Creek CC, 97, Grosse Ile CC, 98-05 and Barton Hills CC, 2006. From these valued experiences, Jordan grew as an instructor, learning more about his teaching skills and developed his passion to help others. In the past several years, Jordan has spent many hours learning from industry leaders; Pia Nilsson, Lynn Marriott, Cameron McCormick, Will Robins, Brian Manzella, Sean Foley, Mike Malaska, Henry Brunton, Dr. Rick Jensen, Rob Houlding, Dr. Jim Suttie, and the late Mr. Jim Flick.
Currently, Jordan is entering his 11th season as Director of Instruction at The Fox Hills Learning Center. The impressive group of coaches train in their NEW Fox Hills Performance Center, a large addition to the already expansive Fox Hills Learning Center “playground” for development. Jordan had a dream of building the best facility in the Midwest for some time. You can visit now to see the results!
Within the Michigan Section PGA, Jordan spent 4 years on the Section Board of Directors and was the President of the Eastern Chapter PGA for the 2012 and 2013 season. He was also the Chairman of the Teaching Committee, 2007-08 and Founder of the inaugural Michigan Teaching and Coaching Summit which was held in the spring of 2009 and still running strong.
Currently, Jordan remains an avid player within the state of Michigan. He participates in many of the Michigan PGA Section events earning many recognitions and titles. He is a 20 year Michigan Open and 20 Year Tournament of Champions participant is Michigan as well as a 3 time PGA Professional National Championship qualifier. In 2008, he was a featured presenter at the 2008 PGA Championships at the PGA Learning Center, Oakland Hills CC. Over the past several seasons, Jordan has won many awards, recently, the 2013 National PGA Award for Player Development and the Michigan PGA Section’s prestigious 2012 Teacher of the Year Award! Jordan has also won the Eastern Chapter PGA Teacher of the year Award for 7 consecutive seasons and has been named at as “Best in State” for Michigan by Golf Digest several times.
CERTIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
- Vision 54 Education
- Titleist Performance Institute - Level 1, Level 2 – Junior Coach
- Henry Brunton-Rick Jensen - Golf Coaches Association Certification
- Flightscope Certification - Level 1
- K-Vest Certification - Level 1, Level 2
- Operation36 - Level 1
- Science in Motion - Level 1
- US Kids Cerrification
- Positive Coaching Aliance
- V1 Professional Education
- CPR – First Aid Certification
- 2015 -2017 - Golf Digest's list of "Best Teachers in Your State"
- 2013 & 2014 - GRAA - Golf Range Association of America - TOP 50 Instructor Award
- 2013 - "Player Development" WINNER - National PGA Award
- 2012 - "Teacher of the Year" WINNER - Michigan PGA
- 2011 - "Horton Smith Award" WINNER - Michigan PGA
- 2007 & 2011 - "Player Development Award" WINNER - Michigan PGA
- 2009 & 2010 - "Top 50 Instructor Award" - US Kids - International Award
- 2010 - "Player of the Year" - Eastern Chapter, Michigan PGA
- 2010 - "Dul Family Player Development Award" WINNER - MGCOA
- 2009 - "Player of the Year" - Eastern Chapter, Michigan PGA
- 2008-2014 - "Teacher of Year" - Eastern Chapter, Michigan PGA