About JordanJordan began his golf career at the age of 7 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada and earned a full athletic scholarship to attend Eastern Michigan University. While at EMU, Jordan won medalist honors at several NCAA D1 events. He was a two year captain and was named Second Team ALL-MAC in 1994.
Jordan turned professional after college, qualifying to play on the PGA Tour – Canada. He spent three seasons traveling across Canada competing with professionals from around the globe. In the winter months, Jordan spent time in Florida, learning from the legendary great, Moe Norman.
In 1997, Jordan returned to Michigan, married (Kristin), and began work at some of the premier private clubs in SE Michigan; Walnut Creek CC, 97, Grosse Ile CC, 98-05 and Barton Hills CC, 2006. From these valued experiences, Jordan grew as an instructor, learning more about his teaching skills and his passion to help others. In the past several years, Jordan has spent time learning from the following industry leaders; Pia Nilsson, Lynn Marriott, Brian Manzella, Sean Foley, Mike Malaska, Henry Brunton, Dr. Rick Jensen, Liam Mucklow, Jon Sinclair, Rob Houlding, Dr. Jim Suttie, Mike Bennett, Tom Patri, Jake Thurm and Mr. Jim Flick.
Currently, Jordan is entering his 13th season at Fox Hills. After increasing brand awareness for instruction over the past decade at Fox Hills, Jordan now operates Jordan Young Golf and continues to grow his business throughout the country. Jordan’s specific design of the Fox Hills Performance Center, and its surrounding training areas, provide a true “playground environment” for development.
Jordan is the host of “Spin On Golf”, a 20 week live show on WJR760AM radio. The show airs LIVE on Sunday nights at 8:00pm from Masters Sunday until mid-August. “Spin On Golf” is entering its 6th season and is sponsored by DMC Sports Medicine.
Within the Michigan Section PGA, Jordan spent 4 years on the “Board of Directors” and was the President of the Eastern Chapter PGA, 2012 and 2013. He was the Chairman of the Teaching Committee in 2007-08 and was Founder of the inaugural Michigan Teaching and Coaching Summit which was held in the spring of 2009 and still continues today.
Currently, Jordan remains an avid player within the state of Michigan. He participates in many of the Michigan PGA Section major events earning many recognitions and titles. In 2008, he was a featured presenter at the 2008 PGA Championships at the PGA Learning Center, Oakland Hills CC. Over the past several seasons, Jordan has won many awards, most recently, in 2013, the National PGA Award for Player Development and the Michigan PGA Section’s prestigious 2012 Teacher of the Year Award! Jordan has also won the Eastern Chapter PGA Teacher of the Year Award 7 times. Jordan has been a featured teaching professional in PGA Magazine and was recently awarded Golf Tips Magazine’s Top 25 instructor. Some of Jordan’s other recognitions are listed below.
CERTIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
- Vision 54 Education
- Titleist Performance Institute - Level 1, Level 2 – Junior Coach
- Henry Brunton-Rick Jensen - Golf Coaches Association Certification
- Flightscope Certification - Level 1
- K-Vest Certification - Level 1, Level 2
- Operation36 - Level 1
- Science in Motion - Level 1
- US Kids Certification
- Positive Coaching Aliance
- V1 Professional Education
- CPR – First Aid Certification
- BodiTrak Level 3 Certification
- Mach3 Speed Training Certification
- Golf Tips Magazine - Top25 Instructors
- Golf Tips Magazine - Top25 Instructors
- 2015 -2017 - Golf Digest's list of "Best Teachers in Your State"
- 2013 & 2014 - GRAA - Golf Range Association of America - TOP 50 Instructor Award
- 2013 - "Player Development" WINNER - National PGA Award
- 2012 - "Teacher of the Year" WINNER - Michigan PGA
- 2011 - "Horton Smith Award" WINNER - Michigan PGA
- 2007 & 2011 - "Player Development Award" WINNER - Michigan PGA
- 2009 & 2010 - "Top 50 Instructor Award" - US Kids - International Award
- 2010 - "Player of the Year" - Eastern Chapter, Michigan PGA
- 2010 - "Dul Family Player Development Award" WINNER - MGCOA
- 2009 - "Player of the Year" - Eastern Chapter, Michigan PGA
- 2008-2014 - "Teacher of Year" - Eastern Chapter, Michigan PGA